Automatic Dishwashre Detargent – Natural & Safe
Some residue from Automatic Dishwasher Detergent remain on dishes.
Most of the Automatic Dishwasher Detergent products which claim “safe and natural” contain harmful chemicals rated higher than 2 in EWG health risk scale: 1 as totally safe and 10 as the most dangerous. When I write “safe“, it means that the ingredient’s EWG risk scale is 1, the safest level.
Mama Suds Automatic Dishwasher Powder
All ingredients are totally safe.
- citric acid (non-GMO )
- sodium bicarbonate
- sodium percarbonate
- sodium carbonate
- Mama Suds Website：＄16 （30 ounces net weight, 60-90 loads）
Better Life Dishwasher Gel
- SODIUM SILICATE (Risk level 3)
- DECYL GLUCOSIDE
- XANTHAN GUM
- SORBITAN OLEATE
- POTASSIUM COCOATE
- SODIUM CITRATE
- QUILLAJA SAPONARIA (SOAPBARK) BARK EXTRACT
- SODIUM CARBONATE
- CITRIC ACID
- Better Life Website：＄6.99 （30 ounces net weight, 60-90 loads）
- iHerb : $5.81 (60 Loads, 30 oz (887 ml))
iHerb seems to have the best price overall. They have sale throughout the year, and also they give you points for every order which can be applied for your next order.
I’ve been using Better Life Dishwasher Gel with vinegar on rinse cycle. I’ve been happy with the product. I’d like to try Mama Suds, but because of the high shipping cost, I haven’t tried it yet.
Other Automatic Dishwasher Detergent
Other “natural” Automatic Dishwasher Detergent I checked contains some harmful chemicals as below:
- Honest Free & Clear Auto Dishwasher Gel (bad review)
- Potassium Sorbate (Food-Grade Preservative) （Risk level 3）
- Trader Joe’s Dishwasher Soap (Powder)
- Sodium Silicate（Risk level ３）
- Sodium Perborate （Risk level 2-4）
- Nonionic Surfactant Cleaners （Risk level ？）
- Non-toxic polymers（Risk level ？）
As I review more Automatic Dishwasher Detergent products, I’ll update this page.